Saturday, December 13, 2008

Delicious Reading and the author is in Seattle today!



It has been a busy November and December for me. But I'm looking forward to having not much to do save reaching my La La Lasso goals for the rest of December and

BAKING.

Baking! I'm so excited to bake this year. Our new kitchen, a real dishwasher, an oven that is the temperature it says it is. And a new holiday cookbook. I have LOTS of cookbooks. I also keep all my favorite magazines from holidays past and have my grandmother's amazing cookie recipes. Didn't think I needed anymore inspiration for the season, but I have found some and I love it, The Christmas Table by Diane Morgan. New from Chronicle.

Don't take just my word, below is a picture of the author, Diane Morgan, (on left) with a customer at a book signing yesterday who bought EIGHT COPIES of the book! Can you imagine? I've bought four copies of Santa, The World's Number One Toy Expert, before, but this takes the Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Créme Anglaise (pg 137 and soon to be in my belly.)



Oprah loves her, Diane's got six pages of gorgeous food gifts in the December '08 issue and her hot fudge chocolate cake is on the cover of this month's Cooking Light, too.




She's signing books and sampling recipes at two Metropolitan Markets today. The book has whole sections on food gifts, breakfasts, a Chrismukkah menu, cookies!, drinks, great veggies and crafts, even!

Sand Point market (5250 40th Ave. N.E.) from noon to 2 p.m.

Admiral market in West Seattle (2320 42nd Ave. S.W.) from 4 to 6 p.m