Friday, December 19, 2008

Hug your Moms and Nanas


Go, now. Hug your mom or nana or call them or something.

A bit of a scare today. Apparently, my Nana went to the hospital early this week after she slipped on some ice and hit her head. I just found out about it today after calling them this morning. She's home, safe and feeling better now. But I wasn't going to stop worrying until I saw her with my own two peepers. Logan and I made a slightly frantic drive north to Snohomish. The highways were fine and the roads up north are so beautiful right now if a little slippery. All the trees look taller with snow on them.

My Nana normally does more before 8 am than most people do all day, so it was a bit upsetting to see her in her pyjamas at two in the afternoon. She also finally told me that she'd passed out at Costco (of all places) a while back after a stressful day prior. A neurologist that did some tests while she was at the hospital this week will see her again in late January to give her a report. I think the PJ thing is okay, she's taking care of herself and is not doing any baking or iceskating or table dancing. I promised to bring their favorite cookies on Christmas day and cook the brunch.

Now I know for sure what I've suspected for quite a while. My family is officially related to St. Stephen. Steve-o is known for being the FIRST MARTYR and that's how I know my mom and Nana are related to him. If they don't tell me they are feeling poorly in a timely fashion becaust they don't want to be a bother I'm seriously going to knock their blocks off.

Their dog, Calvin, put Logan's Santa costume on while I was there to restore the peace. Above is Calvin in his favorite spot by the refrigerator, tail wagging. I think he's giving me his bedroom eyes.

6 comments:

Cuppa Jolie said...

Oh goodness, Jaime. I'm so glad to hear Nana's fine. And taking care of herself. Although I hope she can get back to table dancing soon. I'm sure it won't be long. Sending you all big hugs.

Ali said...

Oh no! Hope your Nana is feeling tip top again soon.
Calvin is GORGEOUS!!

kim baker said...

Yikes! I'm glad your Nana is recuperating and taking it easy.

And...even Logan has costumes?!?

CocoaStomp said...

Thanks you guys. I think my Nana even reads this blog so your good vibes are getting to her.

And yes, my dear. Logan has a santa outfit. I used to have a Thanksgiving outfit for him, but can't find it.

holly cupala said...

Oh dear, I'm glad your Nana is ok. Hugs to you and her and Logan.

Kirby Larson said...

Jaime,

Give Nana/June a hug from me. Grandmas can be pretty tough broads -- I can attest to that from experience with my own beloved grandmother.

When we are grandmas/nanas I only hope we are as resilient as your nana/my grandma. And while you are fretting about getting to the gym, here is one of my favorite sayings from my Gma Lois: "We Brown girls are built broad across the beam because we're built to last."

xxoo Kirby