Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow day leftovers



Holy mackerel. It's already almost two in the afternoon!
I must have spent more time looking at the snow fall than I thought.

The house got a bit of a clean up this morning after yesterday's frenzied packagings and mailings. Sadly, one of the etsy shop mailings made almost two weeks ago never made it. That was one of the things that went out yesterday. Express mail is nearly the cost of the item itself!

Aaron is working from home today and I thought soup and bread would be nice for lunch. But no bread! Luckily, on the side of the whole wheat flour bag was a recipe that said NO FAIL and also contained no yeast/proof time. It is amazingly delicious. We were lucky enough to have a pint of buttermilk already in the fridge to do the bread with and some leftovers that became a nice tomato-y carrot soup.

If you have a chance to make this bread you won't be disappointed. We ate it while it was still warm and watched the snow and yesterday's episode of Old Christine.



Last night after dinner while watching the new Muppet Christmas I discovered pom-pom making. Holy Codfish, it is addictive and fun. I am going to put pom-poms on everything! There is the best yarn shop right by my house where I got the pom-pom maker from. Someday, when we are retired millionaires I will go there everyday, but for now, I'm happy with my pom-pom maker and quite pleased with the beginnings of my mistletoerantula. When I figure out all the assembling kinks I'll post a tutorial...which might not be until next Christmas, but I think this is way more fun than your standard kissing ball.

2 comments:

Cuppa Jolie said...

I can't WAIT until we can make Mistletoerantula! I was just telling the girls about him today. He must hang in our house next Christmas for sure!

holly cupala said...

Oh! So cute! I would love to make one, too! What did you use for the legs?