Monday, December 15, 2008

So, good news! I saw a dog today.



My dog! Footloose and fancy free in the snow -- so excited we couldn't get a non-blurry photo of him. Snow in Seattle. It's snow wonderful.



And Aaron's birthday was yesterday. He kind of had to work on Saturday so he took today off, too. We have been eating like kings and queens using recipes from this book. Trying to build in some extra layers of blubber (I went through 4 and 1/2 cups of cream last night for our dinner, a heap of brown sugar, bourbon, and some darn good wine, but it WAS a birthday.)

We were so full after the birthday dinner we didn't even get to dessert. Trivial Pursuit Dessert. Which will be, I think my new favorite game/food. Hopefully tonight we will play Trivial Pursuit Dessert, which is when you play Trivial Pursuit and each time you get a pie piece you actually get a color coordinated piece of pie. There's only the two of us tonight, though, so there will be more pie to go around than last night. Aaron's not only really good at Trivial Pursuit, but his pie threshold is very high, so he could probably eat it all by himself. I'll get a bite or two in, I hope.

West Seattle is lucky enough to have a great pie shop. I went out and got six different pieces of pie in the snow yesterday. A bus was stuck on the road right out front so I parked at the top of the hill and walked down to buy pie. Posie says Portland freaks out in snow, too. It's so much fun to be in a town that shuts down with snow! The flavors I got from Shoofly are: apple cranberry crumble pie (History), pecan (Wild Card), chocolate cream (Science & Nature), cherry (Arts & Entertainment), blackberry/raspberry (People & Places), and key lime (Sports & Leisure).



So cold still that the snow hasn't melted. Bebop is not entirely pleased. But I am because it means I need to wear a scarf. And when I wear my Arsenal scarf it likes to fold itself so all you can read is ARSE. What a smart scarf!

4 comments:

StudioMcVey said...

Happy Birthday to Aaron, December has totally run away with me and had no idea the 14th had been and gone already - sorry mate! hope you had a good un'
Ali, Mike and Cal (the cowboy) x

Cuppa Jolie said...

Oh, how I want to play Trivial Pursuit Dessert addition!

Kirby Larson said...

Jaime,

Logan is the picture of happiness! What a good dog. I got full just reading about your dinner and dessert. Yum.

The Christmas book you forgot is one of my favorites: a collection of short stories by Katherine Paterson called Angels and Other Strangers.

Come over to the virtual cookie exchange at my blog!

holly cupala said...

Trivial Pursuit Dessert - now that's my kind of game! Yay for snow and bourbon!