Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanks for an amazing evening, everybody!


Wow. I was really feeling the love on Friday at the North Hill Bakery. Almost all of my favorite people came out to my first ever art showing! And most of the rest of my favorites came yesterday to Margaret's event, or live too far away anyway or are about to have a baby.

I've been nervous about this art show since March when the bakery's art curator told me I could have the month of December. Can't BELIEVE six of the twelve paintings are already sold. Still in shock over that, but I look forward to sending a big check to First Place with a portion of those proceeds. Truly -- I'm amazed, humbled by your generosity, and speechless at the loveliness of my wonderful friends and family who came to see little, old me. Or else it was the promise of cupcakes and bourbon...

Aaron was my official photographer, but he was having so much fun he forgot to take photos and I've got only three photos in rapid succession...

So we can see Helen as she's taking a sip of eggnog...


... and then as she's done sipping!


That's all I got! I know the bakery has pictures, too, somebody snapped one as I steamed the Gluhwein on the espresso machine (maybe the photo will be used in Germany for Der Hootentoot Vino Brand's Spiced Wine ad campaign?)

HUGE thanks to the bakery for hosting and making such delicious holiday treats! And to Ann Duffy for curating and organizing art at the bakery. I'm so glad I had this opportunity.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Congrats Jaime!!! We wish so much we were there to share the cakes and the boooze and of course take in your fab paintings.

A xx

CocoaStomp said...

Well, we missed you terribly. Please eat something made by Cadbury for us!!!

holly cupala said...

It was so much fun! And we are so so so happy to be proud owners of original Jaime Monster art. Those peppermint monster cupcakes...oh my gosh...