Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Nana!

Still keeping up with the circle, square, triangle doodle theme:


It's my grandmother's birthday today. June is 39.

The last movie she enjoyed was Transformers. She's the best cook I've ever met. She does do more than the army before 8 am. Her thumbs are very green. She always has cute hair. She's only sworn in front of me 3 times in 32 years. She has more style than Audrey Hepburn. She's a voracious reader. She loves creamed honey. She LOVES to turn lights out -- at her house it is like doing the dishes in the Middle Ages. She IS prepared for the Apocalypse and/or a power outage.

June is kind and smart, funny and resourceful. She always makes you feel like you are the most wonderful, important person in the world. She framed my art from a very early age which is a very powerful thing for a young artist. If ever you needed a strong female role model that empowers you to reach for any job you dream of while baking three perfect Norwegian Coffee Cakes this is the lady.

You couldn't ask for a nicer June Gregory. I love you, Nana!

5 comments:

Traci said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited that you're on etsy!!!! Etsy NEEDED you! :D

Cuppa Jolie said...

What a lady. Lucky Nana. Lucky Jaime.

Ali said...

I have a lump in my throat. Fancy renting her out ?
I don't have a Nana. For this reason I make sure Cal sees lots of his. He loves them both!

CocoaStomp said...

My cousin, Traci, is the best photographer and best gift giver -- Nana loved her super thoughtful present of heirloom seeds and Kingsolver book and stuff, if you haven't heard the gushing yet.

Jolie, I am a lucky Jaime. My whine-hole shirts are at the cleaners right now.

Ali, you can rent my Nana anytime -- but for her birthday today I hear she is gambling at Tulalip so it'll have to be another day. I'm so glad Cal has double Nana love! Did you watch A Matter of Loaf and Death yet????

Ali said...

Yes I did!!! Cal LOVES Wallace and Gromit. The most words he has strung together to date "No cheese Gromit!"
He declared this to his Daddy a couple of weeks ago over breakfast.