Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Check out guest blogger Sara Easterly over at Brimstone Soup!



Dudes. Where have I been all week? I've missed Parts 1 -3 of Sara Easterly's guest blogathon over at (Mrs. Wonderful)Holly Cupala's blog!



Thank heavens posts are archived. I'm honored to be Sara's partner on her graphic novel journey. Sara brought Chapter Five to our critique group the other night and all of the characters sparkle with personality. I know the general 'plan' of the story, but Chapter Five has me chomping at the bit for Chapters 6 and 7 -- I can't wait to find out what happens next even though I sorta know!

Get ready for Part 4 of Sara's guest blog, tomorrow, when she writes about Turning To The Experts. Prediction/spoiler alert: I have a feeling she will mention someone that rhymes with Shmark Shmeegle.

Here's a peek at last Fall's sketches of the main characters: Sana, Mischa, and Dano. At the beginning of the story and at the end, AKA pre- and post- pooberty. I'm still not sure if the art should be ink line or vector graphics, but either way starts with a hand-drawn sketch. In my world, a boy becomes a man when he switches from Super Big Gulps to Tall Americanos.

1 comment:

holly cupala said...

Those are fantastic! I'm going to link to this post asap! Thank YOU, Ms. Jaime of Amazingness, for letting me post your fabulous pencilings. xo