Wednesday, May 6, 2009

SCBWI TEAM BLOG - Registration up for LA Conference!

Holy Frijoles, SCBWI International has a beautiful new website. You MUST check it out. And I am so excited for the opportunities it will hold to showcase illustrators. Just you wait and see.

Aaron Hartzler is the designer extraordinaire on all that stuff. I love what he's done for all the SCBWI merchandise, too. If you see me for a moment NOT in my SCBWI hoodie you'll know it is wash day.

And registration is now open for the LA Conference happening in August! It is a stellar line up. I hope to post a few faculty interviews as part of SCBWI Team Blog in the near future. Other Team Bloggers are going to, too, and I'll be sure to let you know when they have new posts, and be sure you are regularly checking out Team Leader Alice's blog or tweets.


In other news, have you been writing your picture book a day this past week? I hurt my back the other day and spent lots of time lying on the floor, thinking about picture books... I wasn't putting pen to paper and have no mini voice recorder. So all I can remember is that I'd like to draw a pig ordering stuff from Hamazon.com.

4 comments:

holly cupala said...

Wish I could go! It looks so awesome this year. Luckily you will be blogging for those of us who lurk from afar.

johanna said...

Oh, Hamazon!

I wish I was going to this too. What a crazy line-up, fun fun times!

Joddie said...

I've check the website.. and that's great.. thanks for ur info.

Jim Di Bartolo said...

Gah! I wish we could go, but I don't think we could convince our midwife to tag along and be ready to deliver (along with her staff) at any given time. Alas, next year with baby-girl in tow! :) Have a blast on our behalf!