Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Petition for Ben Watson to blog again soon and movies to watch while we wait and do our work

It has been almost a MONTH since Ben or Amy blogged at I, uh, think I killed my muse. And all the fun and sparkle has gone out of the blogosphere for me. Like going to Disney's Country Bear Jamboree without the country bears:



So I say go leave him a comment. And while we wait for him to blog again (maybe because he is WRITING?!?! In which case we can wait another month) I hope YOU are all working like I have been working.

And when I think I'll never draw a cityscape in proper perspective and am ready to stick a fork in my eye or drawing hand, here are some movies I suggest for building up your pluck:

The Julia portion of Julie/Julia made me cry and is perfect for authors/illustrators questing for their first book.



Invincible with Mark Wahlberg. Although I am not a football fan, I am an Eagles fan. Even without the Eagles I think I would have LOVED this movie. If only we had a session on tackling at SCBWI conferences.


7 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

Shh! I think he's finishing his novel. :-)

Dawn VanderMeer said...

I noticed he's been unusually quiet too. I figured it was that whole writing thing. By the way, I'm a member of SCBWI-WWA too. I've seen you a ton of times, but I'm not sure we've ever been formally introduced. ;) I'll say hi at the next meeting.

CocoaStomp said...

Hi Dawn!

Martha, I'm trying to be quiet, but it is no blog jamboree without Ben.

BJW said...

Sudden stirrings in the dark shadows.

Is that a person? Or a SPECTER?

Neither I think. Bloodshot eyes with dark circles under them, remarkably piggish sort of snout. Gap tooth.

Wait it's just Ben. Hey, wait, AGHH, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME???? GET OFF OF ME!

SNORT, GRRRRROOOOOUUUUULLL, SNORT, BITE.

AHHHH!!!! BEN'S ONE OF THEM! SHOOT HIM, FOR GOD'S SAKE SOMEBODY SHOOT HIM!!!!

BLAM.

Are you okay Jaime?

Yeah, I, uh, I think so. Just bit in the back some I think.

In the back?

Yeah.

Who bites anyone in the back?

I don't know, but he did.

You sure, there's not that much meat back there. Seems like if you were going to bite somebody you'd bite them someplace meatier than the back.

Yeah, well he didn't, he bit me in the back and it hurts. Okay?

Right, sorry, it's just the back is kinda--anyways, what happened to him? The full moon?

No. I know what this is.

What Jaime?

It's... The... Attack of the Swine Flu!!!

Gasp.

PS My secret word verification is hershia???? Hershia? Did Hershey's get bought by a Spanish chocolate mogul or what?

PPS Thank you very much Jaime. You were missed. Lots of stuff goings on, and not quite as much writing as Martha credits me with, but working on that. Cheers pal (and pals, Martha and Dawn)

Tara said...

That last comment cracked me up! Great idea for a petition. And I passed you the Honest Scrap award.

Cuppa Jolie said...

We will soon have to start a twitter/facebook movement to make this happen!

holly cupala said...

Good grief, I'd sign that petition! Right after I pass the kleenex and raw garlic. That's for back-biters. Er, swine flu-ers. Anyways.