Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Birthday University Bookstore!

Saturday, come celebrate 110 years of great book shopping at the University Bookstore in the U District from noon to five.

They made a book with 110 entries from local authors of 110 words... I am one of them!

My kid book favorites like Kirby Larson, Deb Lund, Martha Brockenbrough, Justina Chen, Meg Lippert, Laura McGee Kvasnosky, Liz Gallagher, Holly Cupala, Kevin Emerson, Peg Kehret... the list goes on! contributed and may very well be there clinking champers glasses.

I wrote a short piece about some mice that live in the bookstore. I made a wee sketch of them, but am not sure if there was room in the book for it.

Cheers to UBS! See you on Saturday!

8 comments:

Meg Lippert said...

Jaime I love those mice--I do hope they made it into the book. I'll be at University Bookstore on Sunday afternoon to celebrate with you! Meg Lippert

holly cupala said...

Oh wow! Those are wonderful! I haven't seen the book yet and am looking forward to it. See you Sunday!

Peg Kehret said...

This was such a fun project. I know what I'll be reading Sunday night.

Kirby Larson said...

I can't wait to read the book, either!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Ah, I love them! This is really cool, Jaime. xo

Wish I could be there.

Deb Lund said...

Can't wait to see you all.
(especially the sweet bookstore mice!)

Kim Baker said...

Cool!
I didn't make it to the store yesterday, but I can't wait to see the book.

Lee Wind said...

Okay, so we need a follow-up: did the mice make the book?
Hope so!
And congrats on writing a story of 110 words - you could syndicate it on twitter...
Namaste and a Hug,
Lee