Monday, February 8, 2010

Favorite fonts from Manhattan

The café made you take an elevator to the john, but what an elevator! Could there be a cooler elevator company logo?

In between some meetings on my last full day in New York I bolted into a café because it had nice 'CAPPUCCINO' signs. I was right next to Trump Tower Park Avenue and that should have sent off alarm bells. The cappuccino was pricey, and not bad, but the clientele... Definitely out of my league. I got a couple pics of the table next to me and I'm pretty sure it was The Donald's mom and/or last wife. Not including those because I'm sure the ladies are well-lawyered.

The ceiling beams were covered in text. I don't know if that translates to Insipid Jello?

Plus nicely decorated wood posts. The tables and chairs had 1,000 layers of lacquer on them. If only I'd had my fur or my Bentley idling nearby I think I could have spent more time in there.

4 comments:

Richard Jesse Watson said...

I love that typeface! Jaime, do not forget, you are in a league of your own. And I don't mean weird league, but classy league. Cool. Savvy. Lovely. And smaaaart. If those N.Y.ers had known it was you, they would have texted Donald and told him to "Get your ass down here right now! Do you know who's in the building? Yes, Jaime T. That's who!"

Ali said...

I agree! You are way classier than those freaks.

A xo

jesse joshua watson said...

Jamie is a bad ass. We love Jamie. And the potty-lift-font as well.

CocoaStomp said...

Oh, you guys. It is thrilling when so many Watsons use the word 'ass.'

I am thinking of changing my name to Fausto Pupolin, though.