Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good News! :) Bad News :( Good News? :)

Good News! One of my favorite authors/illustrators/teachers/people, Brenda Z. Guiberson, has three books coming out this spring and another three in the works. You might have seen her latest, LIFE IN THE BOREAL FOREST, has been getting rave reviews.

Bad News. Brenda is going to be really busy this summer, so she will not be teaching my favorite class in all of children's bookdom, the University of Washington's Extension class "Illustrating Children's Picture Books."

Good News? I'M GOING TO BE THE SUBSTITUTE TEACHER! EEEeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! More details about registration coming soon, but I love this class and hope I make Brenda proud. I've already done the most important prep -- picking out my first-day-of-class outfit:

16 comments:

Stephanie Perkins said...

YAY! Congratulations to both you and Brenda!!

(And *major* bonus points for Miss Swamp!)

Ali said...

That's a bit bloomin' exciting!

You'll be a great teacher!

A xo

kirsten said...

I'm am VERRRRYYY excited for you!!! That is ausgezeichnet!

Tara McClendon said...

Congrats. And you picked one of my favorite books to use for a photo. Awesome.

Liz Mills said...

Jaime, that's AWESOME!! WAHOO!! You'll be great, I know it. I'd love to hear how it goes. Congrats, teach!

Nina said...

YAY! Welcome to the team!

Cuppa Jolie said...

What!?! Huh? What?

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirby Larson said...

Jaime -- I hope all of your students bring you apples on your first day.

congrats, congrats, congrats.

Martha Brockenbrough said...

Wait--did I say you could borrow my chin hairs? Just kidding! Of course you can! It's gonna be a great class.

Deb Lund said...

Somewhere here, I actually have a Viola Swamp T-shirt... If I find it, it's yours!

CocoaStomp said...

Eeee!!!
Thanks, Stephanie!
Thanks, Ali!
Gezuhnteit, Kirsten!
Thanks, Tara!
Thanks, Liz!
Ooo, Nina, I'm so honored to be on your team. I'll carry your books!
Thanks, Jolie!
Aw, thanks, Kirby. As long as they don't throw them at me.
Martha, I think I will need to make my one brow into two before the class.
Deb. Don't tease me with gold.

BJW said...

Holy-awesome-crappola!!!!

That is SOOOO COOL. I would LOVE to take a class from the original CocoaStomper!!!

Very happy for you and know you will be really, REALLY good.
BRAVO, HUZZAH, HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!!

Jennifer K. Mann said...

So amazingly wonderful! It's my favorite class tooooo! Go Viola, go.
Go Brenda go.(Maybe I should consider re-enrolling...)

Brenda said...

Hey Jaime,

You don't have to dress like me to teach this class! Hope you have as much fun as I have with the creative and intriguing people that you will meet.

Best wishes,
Brenda

CocoaStomp said...

Thanks, Ben! Thanks, Jen! Thanks, Brenda!!!!

Gretchen said...

Felicitations, Jaime!
No one could deliver a more enthusiastic class in illustration than you! An inspiration to all aspirants,
Gretchen