Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Previously on Bound: These Book Are Making Me HUNGRY!

Books about food! I'm not sure there is a better combination. Here are just a few titles that will make your tummy growl:

Hot Diggity Dog
The hilarious cover and title of "Hot Diggity Dog" will surely invite younger readers in for a history of the tube steak. By Adrienne Sylver and illustrations by Elwood H. Smith (out in May.)

Cupcake
My favorite blorgging librarian, Betsy Bird, has a great review of Charise Mericle Harper's "Cupcake." I do not think cupcakes are passé. If you don't want to finish yours, hand it over!

Pop! The Invention of 
Bubble Gum
ALSO out in May, (don't kill me) Is a book I am SUPERDUPERHUBBABUBBA excited for! Meghan McCarthy's "Pop! The Invention of Bubble Gum." Look at these freakishly awesome page spreads all about gum:

McCarthy Pop spread 2

McCarthy Pop spread

No comments: