Saturday, April 17, 2010

Summer Lovin' for SCBWI LA Conference -- line up announced!


Registration opens on Wednesday --
have you seen the list of speakers yet?!?


M.T. FREAKING ANDERSON is going to be at this summer's international hootenanny! I'm thrilled by that news alone, but it only gets better:

Mr. Hilarious, Jon Scieszka
Mrs. Hilarious, Carolyn Mackler
Ms. Magic, Gail Carson Levine
Mr. Awesome, Ashley Bryan

More illustrators!!! E.B. Lewis and Loren Long.

More workshops!!! Diane Muldrow, Editorial Director of Golden Books, is doing one about picture books (have you seen the fresh crop of Golden Books? That's all Diane.) And William Low is doing one on digital illustration. AND, Mac McCool is doing a graphic novel master class for both writers and illustrators.
Plus all the fun of the pool party/taco bar/dance off, the Golden Kite Luncheon, fantastic opportunities for published peeps, the portfolio show... I'm raring to go.

3 comments:

Kirby Larson said...

This is almost enough to tempt me to leave Shangri-Lar!

Tara McClendon said...

Nice line up. I'll look forward to updates.

52 Faces said...

I know I know...I'm debating whether I should cough up the funds to go for the first time...I live in L.A. but it's still a steep price!

Very nice to meet you btw :)