Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons Head to the Big Apple?

The past few months have been pretty rough personally, very lemon-y, and I'm really looking forward to taking a break soon in my favorite city.

Despite the lemons, there is a lot of lemonade coming up in the work department—I'm thrilled to be illustrating BLANKETY BLANK for Parragon Books (based in my second favorite city, Bath!)! The book may even be out at the end of this year, I'm not exactly sure, and may only be available in the UK—but if you know me, you know my feelings on the United Kingdom and how completely amazing this is.

**03/27/13
Pics of BLANKETY BLANK have been removed! Some of the blanketyblank are in the witness protection program
**

Next week I will see a favorite author and friend, the disarmingly alarming and charming Lisa Lutz. We'll get to see some people at Simon & Schuster to talk about our book, HOW TO NEGOTIATE EVERYTHING !

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for this book to come out, May 21 seems ages away, and there are so many things I want to do to spread the word about it. Painting defenseless animals up to look like the cover is my number one thought right now. Hiding review pages in food truck hot dogs or tacos is my other thought.

This is one of my favorite spreads from HTNE. Tell me, what's more fun than drawing salad?

And maybe more good book news in the next few weeks!

Will end with a few pages from my sketchbook from this time last year when I also went to New York for some vacation. I would probably repeat all my activities on those pages minus the stomach flu part and the feeling like a giant blimp part. Bon voyage!



8 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Congratulations, Jaime! Wow! It all looks great...and I love the cover (noses and all)! Looking forward to hearing even more good news from you :)

Sunshine said...

I can't wait for "How to Negotiate!" And now Trolls? You've made my year.

Sarah Romano Diehl said...

wow, I love those trolls!!! (p.s. have you seen Troll Hunters?- if no it's on Netfllix) Looking forward to these books!

Kirby Larson said...

Jaime! You are amazing. Your work is always so smart and funny and sly and full of heart. Any writer would be THRILLED to have you illustrate his/her text. I know I would be.

Don't forget your standing S-Lar invite. Any time the lemons get too much, you let me know.

BJW said...

Wow! I drop off the face of the earth for a few years and you turn into a superstar. Figures. Love the Troll cover (LOVE). You are so talented it's ridiculous. Sorry to hear about any lemon crap, but love hearing about all this great stuff happening professionally. Well deserved and avalanches more of work/high-praise headed your way.

Bravo Jaime.

Ben W.

Vicki said...

Catching up on your blog after hearing about all your wonderful news!!!! Congrats, and I love the trolls- and the real question... DID YOU SEE JULIE ANDREWS!???!? I saw her once in the offices of HarperCollins. She was wearing a white pantsuit and looked like an angel.

CocoaStomp said...

Thanks, Vicki! We DID all see Julie Andrews, I believe she was wearing a smart maroon suit set this time around, but I absolutely can believe she looks like an angel in white pants. Thanks, Benders!!! We all wish you guys lived closer for hanging out, and/or if only to babysit your human and puppy progeny. Thank you, Kirby, as always, you are the best. Thank you Sarah, Sunshine, and Beth! I really appreciate your good vibes.

JaneA said...

I really love looking at people's sketchbook pages. Yours are so intricate and detailed, great work! I love the trolls as well! The noses are perfect. X Jane